From a photographer’s standpoint, there are five key ages in your child’s life that deserve to be remembered in a beautiful portrait and documented by a professional.
1. Newborn portrait - Your baby will never be as tiny as he/she is during the first two weeks of life! Infancy is truly a fleeting moment that will be forgotten quickly, so it’s important to capture your newborn portrait within the first two weeks of life.
2. One Year portrait - This is a must! Budding personalities and motor skills are captured in this milestone portrait. This is the image that will hang on your wall for the entire time that your child is under your roof. Always fun, always cute and always cherished!
3. Young Child portrait - Captured between four and six years old, this portrait allows you to remember their innocence and the roundness of their face before they begin to lose their teeth. Once new teeth begin to grow, the shape of the face and the jaw changes dramatically and you know in your heart that the baby days will soon be over. Don’t let this time slip by!
4. Tween portrait - The ages between 9 and 13 are some of the most difficult years for your child to navigate. Self-image, level of confidence and peer pressure plays a huge part in your child’s journey to belong and to feel accepted. A photo session at this time does wonders for building confidence and being reminded that they are still loved and valued as a family member even though they may have pimples, some extra puberty weight or may be having some troubles at school, either academically or socially.
5. Senior portrait - This is your last hurrah! With a job well done, you’ll want to capture your young adult before they leave the nest. Vibrant, energetic and bursting at the seams with excitement is how you will want to remember them at this turning point in their lives. Allow them to spend an afternoon with us that is all about capturing their personality, their style, their interests and their enthusiasm for life!
The above tips are meant to help you decide how and when to make an investment in your families memories. Time is fleeting and nothing remains the same! The only constant in all of our lives is change; so don’t allow your busy life to get in the way of important milestones in your family’s lives. There is no better time to make beautiful portraits for your walls to be viewed by your family on a daily basis, reminding them of who they are, how they are loved and their unique value as a family member!